Shelters continue to open for residents evacuating from their homes as Tropical Storm Isaac moves through the state. As of 9 a.m., 31 shelters are open around south and central Mississippi sheltering 2,113 evacuees.
Residents should monitor local media outlets for updates. MEMA updates shelter information as it becomes available. Shelter updates may also be available from the Mississippi Red Cross at www.mississippi-redcross.org. This website also lists what items evacuees should bring to a Red Cross Shelter.
- Antioch Missionary Baptist Church: 13146 Highway 51 S, Hazlehurst.
- Sylvarena Baptist Church: 1119 Old Sylvarena Road, Wesson.
- Camp Wesley Pines: 1095 Camp Wesley Pines Rd, Gallman.
- Highland Baptist Church, 505 North Jackson St. Crystal Springs.
- Gallman Baptist Church, Gallman.
- Living Water Baptist Church, 124 South Ragsdale Ave., Hazlehurst.
- Galilee Missionary Baptist Church, 5461 Highway 49 South, Mt. Olive.
- George County:
- Benndale Elementary School, 5204 Highway 26 West, Lucedale.
- George County Senior Citizens Center: 7102 Highway 198E, Lucedale.
- Lewis Johnson Senior Citizen Complex, 299 Martin Luther King Blvd., Grenada.
- Forrest County Community Shelter: 946 Sullivan Road, Hattiesburg. Pet-friendly shelter.
- Kiln Shelter: 18320 Highway 43, Kiln.
- Dedeaux Shelter: 1095 Road 350, Kiln.
- Lobouy/361: 9509 Lobouy Road, Pass Christian.
- Saucier-Lizana Road Shelter: 23771 Saucier-Lizana Road, Saucier.
- County Farm: 15035 County Farm Road, Gulfport.
- Harrison Central High School: 15600 School Road. Pet-friendly shelter.
- West Harrison High School, 10399 County Farm Rd., Gulfport.
- D’Iberville High School, 3320 Warrior Rd., D’Iberville.
- Grenada County:
- Forrest County:
- Hancock County:
- Harrison County:
- Mississippi Coliseum, 1207 Mississippi St., Jackson.
- New Horizon, 2650 Belvedere Drive, Jackson.
- Jackson County:
- St. Martin High School.
- Vancleave High School, 12412 Highway 57, Vancleave.
- Springhill Baptist Church, 169 Springhill Road, Silvercreek
- The Cameron Center, 711 North 10th St., Laurel.
- Lamar Community Center, 99 Central Industrial Row, Purvis.
- Woodlawn United Pentecostal Church: 1452 Highway 98 East.
- Manna Ministries: 120 St. A, Suite B, Picayune.
- Poplarville First Baptist Church: 403 S. Main St., Poplarville.
- Pike County Safe Room, 2017 Quinliven Road, Magnolia.
- Stone County Elementary School: 1652A East Central Ave., Wiggins.
- Jeff Davis County:
- Jones County:
- Lamar County:
- Marion County:
- Pearl River County:
- Pike County:
- Stone County:
For preparedness information, visit www.msema.org. Like MEMA on Facebook and follow Twitter updates using the handle @MSEMA